My Apex, Mercury – oh poor Mercury! He says “write child!”,
But Mars and Neptune are constantly tugging in undesirable directions. I believe that they do this dance for a good reason. I’m still establishing that reason day by day (my planets are in house 1-6), and enjoying the ride – although it does get me seriously dumbfounded at times!
This is the life of a cardinal T-square. Thankfully, this opposing, dreamy energy from Neptune gets forced by brave Mars to allow me to get a breath of air above the ocean’s surface – in case Neptune forgets that I have lungs…not gills.
He’s however, the one who enriches my 10th house (the bigger picture). Chances are that I’m reading 10 subjects a day and diving into deep oceans with Neptune’s guidance during those moments of varied subjects.
So, before the dive returns, here’s a guide to understanding your natal chart a little more. I felt like going back to basics today!
PLANETS AND ZODIAC SIGNS: their rulerships and characteristics.
1) Sun – Basic personality. One’s spirit. Ego. Image of self.
The Sun rules Leo.
Leo rules the 5th house – Creation. Procreation. Recreation.
5th house affairs:
- Love affairs,
- Your children,
- Creative expression,
2) Moon – Moods. Emotional nature. Feelings. Caring tendencies.
The Moon rules Cancer.
Cancer rules the 4th house – Roots. Ancestry.
4th house affairs:
- The home,
- Family life,
- The nurturing parent,
- Domestic affairs.
3) Mercury – Thoughts. Intellect. Communication.
Mercury rules Gemini and Virgo.
Gemini rules the 3rd house – Exchange. Perception.
3rd house affairs:
- Early childhood,
- Early education,
- Everyday communication,
- Mental aptitudes.
Virgo rules the 6th house – Discernment. Work. Health.
6th house affairs:
- Work environment,
- Health issues.
4) Venus – Love. Beauty. Affection. Creativity. Calm.
Venus rules Taurus and Libra.
Taurus rules the 2nd house – Attachment. Values.
2nd house affairs:
- Material gains and losses,
- Own money.
Libra rules the 7th house – Companionship. Cooperation.
7th house affairs:
- The marriage partner(s),
- Business partners,
- Joint ventures.
5) Mars – Will. Energy. Activity. Aggression. Assertion.
Mars rules Aries.
Aries rules the 1st house – Actualisation. Appearance.
1st house affairs:
- Projected behaviour,
- Reaction to those around.
6) Jupiter – Enthusiasm. Wisdom. Expansion.
Jupiter rules Sagittarius.
Sagittarius rules the 9th house – Meaning. Culture.
9th house affairs:
- Higher learning,
- Distant travel,
- Foreign lands.
7) Saturn – Discipline. Respect. Solitude. Restraint. Fears. Challenges.
Saturn rules Capricorn.
Capricorn rules the 10th house – Destiny. Advancement.
10th house affairs:
- The other parent,
- Social standing,
8) Uranus – Change. Originality. Individuality. Going against social norms.
Uranus rules Aquarius.
Aquarius rules the 11th house – Goals. Fellowship.
11th house affairs:
- Hope and wishes,
- The collective.
9) Neptune – Intuition. Spirituality. Compassion. Psychic ability.
Neptune rules Pisces.
Pisces rules the 12th house – Dreams. Integration. The unknown.
12th house affairs:
- Hidden problems,
- Hidden resources,
- Unknown places, people…just the unknown,
- Social responsibility.
10) Pluto – Transformation. Power.
Pluto rules Scorpio.
Scorpio rules the 8th house – Detachment. Empowerment.
8th house affairs:
- Possessions of others,
- Other people’s money,
Chiron – Healing. Helping. Teaching.
Chiron is a planet to me, always! He holds the key, even if he doesn’t have a house we can visualise.
- Planets activate our houses.
- Houses with planets show areas of life where we are actively involved – where our energies are mostly directed.
- Empty houses indicate areas where we may not be fulfilled.
- Always remember that life is about free-will. The moment you took your 1st breath you were exposed to a variety of choices. Choices that widen with time, bringing confusion one moment and serenity the next. Time allows us to discern what is “right” for us – the infit. We are all capable of balancing the voices within us – our planets – not through suppression, but through thorough understanding of how they support our journeys.
Happy weekend lovelies!